Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 2 begins

It was so hard to wake up this morning, but I still made it to my water class. I slept pretty well last night, but just couldn't seem to wake up this morning. I thought it was Sunday for some reason and kept thinking Terry was going to come in and tell me it was almost time to leave. Then, I finally woke up and realized it was Monday and I had to hurry or I was going to be late to class! But, I made it just fine and was very glad that I did.

It was really chilly today when I left for the Y, and it's still rather cool outside, but it's still a nice day. I'm very glad I made it to class. I was so stiff last night and this morning and it really helped to go to class and stretch out and move my muscles. I got in the hot tub for a few minutes after class, and that was really nice, too! I was thinking about going  back over this afternoon to go ahead and do my Couch to 5k day 3, but I don't think I'm going to make it. We're leaving around 11am tomorrow, so I'm going to try and get up and go do it tomorrow morning before we leave.

I have also gotten alot done on the poncho that I'm making for Syble. It's knitting up fairly quickly, so I'm thinking that I might even have it done by the end of the week! Then I think I want to make another one for Anna. After that, I'm going to try a pattern that involves some shaping and see how that goes.

Since it's been a week since I started this journey, I weighed myself today. I only lost a half a pound this week, but that's really about what I expected. I haven't checked my measurements because I've misplaced my tape measure, but I'm sure I'll find it this afternoon. For the first week I was more concerned about getting used to getting up and going to class. Now, this week I'm going to be doing that, plus starting to watch my portion size and making sure I drink lots of water. I'm also going to cut down on the sweets! All the yummy chocolates Terry brought me home for Valentine's Day are all gone, so pretty much all I have left in the house are healthy snacks, like fruits and nuts, and yogurt. So, next week's weigh in should be better!

So, here's to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment