Saturday, February 19, 2011

it's the weekend!

I didn't make it on the blog yesterday, but I did make it to my water class! And I was very excited because there was another lady there that was more my age! (she's a couple years younger than I am, but once you get to be our age, a few years doesn't really matter.) We are hoping that next week we'll both have a free day after class to go out and get a bite to eat or something. It's so much fun making new friends!

So, I made it to class yesterday, but didn't make it to the gym today for Day 3 of Couch to 5K. Terry and I did go bowling, tho, so it wasn't a total "couch potato" day. We have to go to both services at church tomorrow because Terry is running camera for both services. He went to first service tonight while I was at 628, and I'll be at 628 again for first service tomorrow, then I'll go to second service. I love how our church has 4 services each weekend and they really encourage everyone to attend one service and serve one service. It really gets more people involved because they can serve, but not miss any services! Terry and I are so blessed to be a part of Newspring Church and get to serve like we do! God was really working in our lives when he brought us here to Wichita!

Today when we went bowling, I could really tell that my water workout classes are really helping. Last week when we went bowling, I could barely lift my ball and it wasn't until the end of the second game that I had any kind of control. This week was so much better! I still am having a little bit of trouble getting my wrist turned all the way over and am still pulling the ball to the left, but I did much better. In the class we have been working on stretching and turning our hands and wrists. My left wrist doesn't bother me as much as my right one does, so some days it's a real struggle to be able to turn my hand palm up. So I've been trying to remember all the exercises my rhumetologist taught me all those years ago to keep my hands, fingers, and wrists loosened up. We are doing several of them in the water class and it makes it so much easier to do them in the water. And seeing the difference that it makes is really a good motivation to keep working out.

Well, it's off to bed now. Have to get up early tomorrow for church. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment