Saturday, August 6, 2011

8am swim class???

Yep, an 8am swim class! And I made it! It wasn't easy getting up that early, but I did it. And I'm glad I did. There were only 4 of us in the class, so even tho we're at 4 different levels, we all got plenty of feed back on what we were doing wrong and what we were doing right. I was very happy because I did much better with my breathing today. That is, until we added the arms! As long as I'm just kicking, I do fine. When I add the arms, I start rushing it and panicing. So, that's my homework for this week. To practice breathing while adding the arms.

We also worked a little bit on breaststroke this week. The kick is really weird for that one! We tried doing both the arms and the legs, but ended up working on just getting the kick down. That's another thing to work on this week with the kickboard.

I am very happy, too, because today was weight and measurement day and I lost the 3lbs I was shooting for this week! I don't know how I did on inches, because I forgot to take measurements at the beginning of the week, so we'll have to see how that goes next Sat. I know that 3lbs isn't much, but my dr. said that the safest way to lose was to just lose 2-4lbs a week. So I am shooting for 3lbs each week, and if I achieve that, I will reach my goal weight by the end of Feb. I've set a goal weight of 135, but will be happy at a slightly higher weight, as long as I make my goal size of 8! They say that muscle weighs more than fat, so if I have lots of toned muscle, I would be fine with a higher weight, as long as I get my size back down. I have some really cute clothes that I bought when I was an 8 that I really want to be able to wear again!

I was looking thru my collection of swimsuits and I realized that I need to go get a couple more before they are all gone. I have the size 20 that I'm in right now, and I have a size 12 for when I get to that size, but I don't have anything for the in-between . And I will be losing weight and needed a smaller swimsuit during the fall and winter, when I won't be able to find one in the stores! So I realized I better get a couple to have ready as I continue to lose weight and change sizes. Once I get to a size 8, I have 3 or 4 swimsuits! I had so many because I went to the beach so often, and I actually looked good in a swimsuit, so it was fun to buy them! Now I need more because I'm in the pool almost every day. And because of that, eventually I will start to look good in these suits again!

No comments:

Post a Comment