Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm back

I haven't posted anything on here in over a month....I didn't realize it had been that long until I logged in today. It has been a busy past month and I have done alot of traveling and not as much exercising as I would have liked. I haven't been to the Y in more weeks than I would have liked, too. This past week has been especially busy. Last weekend we went to Branson, MO to celebrate the girls' birthdays that are coming up. Then, I had to go to Mom and Dad's to pick up Colby and Mom wasn't feeling well, and since Terry was out of town, I stayed a few days to visit and help out. Then, I went to Tulsa on Wed. and stayed until yesterday to help Mother. She had surgery on her knee to replace some parts of her artifical knee.

So, I did alot of walking the day we were at Silver Dollar City....all of it up and down hills, I might add!....but not much the other days. But my right knee has been bothering me so much even had I been home, I would not have been able to run on the track or treadmill. So basically I'm going to have to start over on my couch to 5k. But not yet, because there is just no way my knee will allow it at this time. However, I do need to need to work out. I've been thinking about swimming laps. That way I will get a good workout, but not have to put so much weight and pressure on my knee. My best stroke is the back stroke, but there's another way to swim that I like, but I can't remember what it's called, or exactly how to do it. I'm thinking about taking a swim class so that I can learn the proper way, so that I can get the most out of a workout.

I have managed to lose a few pounds, even without the exercise. I had gotten up to 216.5 a couple of months ago. Today I weighed in at 212.5. It's not much, but I haven't gained any more, and  I'm 4 pounds less than I was, so I will be happy with that for now. And tomorrow, back to my morning water workout so that I can get my joints loosened up. Then I can take a look at resetting my goal dates!

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment