Monday, April 25, 2011

starting over

Starting over....how many times in our life do we get the chance to start over? I guess it depends on what we are doing. Some of us start over in new schools, in new towns, in new jobs. We start diet/exercise programs, quit, and start again. But after celebrating Easter this past weekend, another time that we get a chance to start over occured to me, and it is the most important "starting over" that we could ever experience--Starting over with Jesus!

The great thing about it, is that Jesus accepts us just as we are. No matter what our past, when we come to Jesus, He forgives us and wipes the slate clean! And then we get to start over. And no matter how many times we fall or turn away, He is always there, waiting for us to come to Him and start over again. With our family and friends, there are times when they get so tired of us failing, that they wash their hands of us and turn away from us. But God will never do that! Can it get any more awesome than that?

So, that brings me to my new page. We joined the Y several months ago and I started working out. Then, we had to go out of town a few times, the girls came to stay, you know...life happened. So, last week I headed back to the gym and today I met with a trainer. We set some realistic goals for me and I began again. I'll meet with her for 4 weeks, then go from there. I really hope that I'll be able to keep meeting with the trainer on a regular basis after my 4 free weeks are up, to help with the motivation and accountability. But the thing I'm really happy about right now is that I am getting off the couch and get started again.

That means that this week, I have had the opportunity to start over in both my physical life, and my spiritual lfe. What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment